This recipe is SO easy and I consider them a real superfood – they have balanced macros including a great hit of protein, lots of nutrients and taste amazing. You can vary the sweetness without affecting the consistency and add optional extras like chocolate chips, dried fruit or chopped nuts.
Plus you can’t deny the psychological benefits of indulging in a delicious sweet treat that you know is giving you physical benefits too. They really are the ultimate guilt free dessert for the whole family!
Healthy Chocolate Brownies - Paleo
- 6 Large Eggs
- 250 g Ground Almonds/Almond Flour You can buy this in 1kg bags instead of the tiny supermarket bags
- 180 g Coconut Sugar More if you want it sweeter
- 80 g Cacao/Cocoa Powder
- 100 g Coconut Oil Melted
- 1/2 Tsp Vanilla Powder Or 1tsp Extract
- Sea Salt To taste
- 50 g choc chips Optional - I used coconut sugar sweetened ones
- Add all to a bowl and mix
- Pour mixture into square brownie pan
- Cook for 35 mins at 160 normal oven, 140 fan
- Leave to cool in brownie pan then cut into 16 squares or more for lower calorie brownies or smaller mouths.
Here’s a video from my old vlogging channel where we make them and enjoy them ?