These are such a treat and so healthy. My kids love them too, even the one that ‘doesn’t like’ nuts.
I’ve been making them for a long time but I think I originally based them on this recipe. I would like to point out though that these are not Whole 30 compliant like stated on that blog post.
This recipe is pretty flexible so don’t worry about measures too much.
I usually like to store food in glass which I do in the fridge but I’ve started storing things in plastic ziplock bags in the freezer. Firstly as my freezer is quite small and secondly as I don’t like having a glass container missing permanently!
Healthy Chocolate Ice Cream Cups
- 4 Large Bananas add more if smaller
- 1/3 Cup Cocoa/Cacao Powder
- 100 g coconut butter
- 120 g Macadamia Nuts about 2 big handfuls
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Powder
- Sea salt to taste
- Melt coconut butter in saucepan then add all ingredients to Vitamix (or other blender/food processor) and blend. Pour into silicone moulds and freeze.
- Once frozen transfer to storage unit and store in the freezer. Leave to sit for a few minutes before eating if you can manage to!